Tascam Announces New WiFi Enabled Portable Recorders DR-22WL & DR-44WL
The DR-22WL & DR-44WL from TASCAM are the first portable recorders to include WiFi for transport control, file transfer, and audio streaming to your smartphone or PC. Other innovations like the new Scene Dial make it easier than ever to capture great-sounding recordings to share them online.
The DR-22WL includes a set of stereo condenser microphones, arranged in true XY pattern for ideal stereo imaging. The eight-position Scene Dial selects recording settings for typical situations, or can be set to full manual for greater control. It’s all recorded through the latest ADDA converters at up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV resolution for great-sounding master recordings.
Available on the DR-44WL is a 4-track multitrack mode, allowing arrangements to be recorded one track at a time with reverb. For video shooters, the recorder includes a hot shoe mount and a stable internal clock to avoid drifting out of sync with your camera. No matter what your application is, the DR-44WL brings the best audio quality and WiFi capabilities together in a powerful & easy-to-use handheld recorder.
Included with both devices is a WiFi function for controlling its transport and transferring files to a smartphone or computer. A free app for iOS and Android devices starts and stops recording from anywhere in the room. Audio streams live to your device, and files can be transferred over a wireless connection. Instantly share recordings online without moving the recorder from the perfect microphone position.
- WiFi transport control for remote start
- File transfer and streaming to smartphones or computers over WiFi
- Free control and transfer app for iOS and Android
- Free file transfer software for Mac & Windows
- New stereo condenser microphones arranged in close XY pattern
- New mic preamp and A/D converters for better sound quality and longer battery life
- High volume recording – up to 120dB SPL for DR-22WL and 132dB SPL for DR-44WL
- 8-position Scene Dial for typical recording situations, including full manual setting on DR-22WL
- Record stereo, four channel, or dual recording mode for a safety track in case of overload on DR-44WL
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording (WAV/BWF) or MP3 recording
- 1/8” stereo mic input with plug-in power on the DR-22WL, XLR inputs with phantom power for the DR-44WL
- 128×128 graphic LCD with backlight
- Supports up to 128GB microSDXC card (4GB microSDHC card included) on DR-22WL
- The DR-44WL supports up to 512GB SDXC card (4GB SDHC card included)
- Variable Speed Audition changes speed without changing the pitch for transcription or learning new music
- The DR-44WL includes AC adapter, camera hot shoe adapter, soft case, hand grip, windscreen and Micro USB cable.