The Top 5 Features That The iPhone 7 Should Include
We’re slowly approaching the release date of the iPhone 7 and as usual there is much to read online in regards to component leaks and possible form factors. Now, even though the iPhone 7 is expected to have a similar design and specs to the iPhone 6S, we’ve put together a list of our top 5 features we would love to see included in the next iPhone. Keep in mind these are features that are hardware based and not related to the software. Here they are in no particular order:
- 32GB Base Model – We were really surprised when Apple made the jump and added the 128GB model for the iPhone 6 but then left the gap in the line up where the 32GB model was. I think with the minimal improvements that Apple has made over the last 2 iterations of the iPhone that killing off the 16GB model and making the 32GB the entry model would have been a no-brainer. Hopefully the iPhone 6s will be the last model to feature 16GB storage.
- Waterproofing – This is another feature that has been available on other phones for a few years now, but Apple hasn’t jumped on that bandwagon yet. There has been some rumblings that this might be the case with the iPhone 7 since Apple is rumored to be removing the headphone jack, making it slightly easier to waterproof.
- Edge to Edge screen – I’m sure you’ve seen the concept artwork of what a seamless screen to screen iPhone would look like and I think we’re ready for Apple to make the jump. There isn’t much innovation going on currently when it comes to Smart Phone form factors, and having an iPhone with a complete edgeless experience would definitely make it stand out from the crowd.
- 1080 HD video with LED flash for Front Facing Camera – The iPhone 6s now has a 4K rear facing camera which is incredible, but we’re still left with a 720HD front facing camera. So we’d like to see that bumped up to at least 1080p resolution which would come in handy for all those self vlogging moments. The other thing we’d want to see added to the front facing camera is a flash LED similar to what is on the back. The Screen flash is fine for taking photos, but we want continuous lighting for shooting video with the front facing camera which would need to be with an LED.
- Wireless Charging – Qi charging has been around for a few years now and I would settle for that being built into the next iPhone. But what about taking it a step further and eliminating the need to place your phone on a charging mat and being able to charge up your iPhone through the air. This is something that is already being improved on with companies like WattUp for charging up devices that are up to 15 feet away. I’d love to see Apple implement this technology into the next iPhone.
So did we miss anything? What features would you like to see added to the next iPhone? Let us know in the comments section below.